Before you start installing your new PinLED display set, please check the contents of the packaging.
- The new PinLED display controller board.
- Four alphanumeric 7-digit displays.
- A credit / match display.
- Five ribbon cables.
- This guide.
If you have any questions about the conversion to the new PinLED display, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will then contact you to resolve any problems.
If you observe the following points, the conversion will be quick and safe.
- Pull out the mains plug.
- Remove the backglass from the head section and place it in a safe place (risk of breakage).
- Disconnect the cable connections to the old displays.
- Remove old displays.
- Remove the old display controller board.
- Insert new PinLED controller board.
- Position the PinLED displays.
- Connect ribbon cable. Pay attention to pin 1 (red wire). The red wire must point to pin 1 on the displays and on the PinLED controller board.
- Reconnect plug connections to the PinLED controller board. You cannot confuse plugs because they are coded. Pay attention to the red wire of the ribbon cable.
- Remove high voltage fuses! (Depending on the version of the power supply board, there are one or two fuses!) This is only a precaution to protect the LED display board (the display also works normally with built-in fuses). However, since the high voltage in the pinball device is no longer required after conversion to the PinLED displays, it can be switched off by removing the fuses.
- Reinstall the backglass of the head section.
- Plug in the mains plug.
- Switch on the device and off you go ...