Before you start installing your new PinLED display set, please check the contents of the packaging.
- The new PinLED display.
- This guide.
If you have any questions about the conversion to the new PinLED display, you can contact me at email@example.com. I will then contact you to resolve any problems.
If you pay attention to the following points, the conversion will be quick and safe.
The EPROM display is required for the conversion. You can take this from the old display. If you don't have an old display with the original EPROM available, you have to purchase it separately.
- Pull out the mains plug.
- Remove the glass pane from the backbox and place it in a safe place (risk of breakage).
- Place the loudspeaker cover on the glass plate of the playing surface.
- Disconnect the cable connections to the old display.
- Unscrew the four fastening screws of the old display (required for fastening the new display).
- Remove the old display.
- The original EPROM display is adopted for the new PinLED display and has to be switched to the new display.
- Carefully pry the EPROM out of the socket alternately from both ends using a small screwdriver.
- The EPROM display is pressed into the socket provided.
- The EPROM is inserted flush with the rear side (opposite the small bulge) in the base.
- Pay attention to the correct installation direction. Pin 1 of the EPROM (the face with the notch) points to pin 1 of the socket.
- Depending on the pinball machine, there are smaller EPROMs with a smaller number of legs. This EPROM is also inserted flush with the back of the socket. Then the first two rows of legs remain free.
- Connect the power plug to the display.
- Connect the ribbon cable to the display. Pay attention to the red wire. It points to pin 1 in the connector.
- Then hang the loudspeaker cover back into the backbox
- Finally remove the high voltage fuse for the old original display. The high voltage is no longer required to supply the new PinLED display.
- Reinstall the glass pane of the head section.
Plug in the mains plug.
Switch on the device and off you go ...